Friday, January 28, 2011

Sri Aurobindo's Poetry Rocks!!!

But first --for the record -- I want to say that (from) my Jan. 23rd "no more bulishit!" moment is playing out in Egypt as I write this . . .
This night (She who hears the cries of the world) heard man's raging anger, which will NOT be silenced by empty platitudes any more!
The Warrior's body can be killed, but NOT His Voice!
I bow to you oh-brave-Men for 'actively' standing up for your Dignity . . .
Crushing poverty and disrespect for basic human rights are won because of 'boiling blood' of the
"NO MORE BULSHIT!!!" strenght/kind -- not because suddenly the rulling elite decides to be "truly democratic". The Shift is at hand once more. . .

&

Kudos also to pres. Obama for his (from memory) 'This is our time, this is our sputnik moment' speach the other day.
Hate me if you must o ye who thinks he is demonic -- (and if ye must) I'll be ready for the attack (in subtle) -- I can handle it.

____________________________________
____________________________________

Last night, very reluctantly I decided to read (first time) Sri Aurobindo poetry. Reluctantly, because I thought they were monstrously looong. . ."Just one or two then", but ended up reading about half a dozen as I was gripped by how 'personal' they are -- how 'biographical' they are!
First of all I was surprised that some were quite short! But the most importantly I got my 'proof' that indeed Sri A. knows intimately the Beloved!
His Bride of the Fire tells it all! (poem)

This day I want to part-quote excerpts from

........ A God's Labour .......

I have gathered my dreams as a silver air
Between the gold and blue
And wrapped them softly and left them there,
My jewelled dreams of you. (...)

He who would bring the heavens here
Must descend himself into clay
And the burden of earthly nature bear
And tread the dolorous way. (...)

I have laboured and suffered in Matter's night
To bring the fire to man;
But the hate of hell and human spite
Are my meed since the world began.

For man's mind is the dupe of his animal self;
Hoping its lusts to win.
He harbours within him a grisly Elf
Enamoured of sorrow and sin. (...)

The Truth of truths men fear and deny,
The Light of lights they refuse;
To ignorant gods they lift their cry
Or a demon altar choose. (...)

On a desperate stair my feet have trod
Armoured with boundless peace,
Bringing the fires of the splendour of of God
Into the human abyss. (...)

A little more and the new life's doors
Shall be carved in silver light
With its aureate roof and mosaic floors
In a great world bare and bright.

I shall leave my dreams in their argent air,
For in a raiment of gold and blue
There shall move on the earth embodied and fair
The living truth of you.

YES

http://intyoga.online.fr./labour.htm

The 'living truth', not only of the 'mental unity' kind/recognition , but in the "embodied" sense also. . .That's where the rubber hits the road, and
Cosmic Tonglen Duty happens!

***

In the quiet mind turned to the Divine, the initiation comes of
the Divine Will and the right way to do it.

-Sri Aurobindo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kosmic Tonglen Duty 2.0

Edited: the queen of edit-expantions does it again Apr.30, by including Aurobindo's words with regard to the 'guidance from above...