Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Little Girl

I love that little girl who loved  to chase butterflies in the meadow
Daring always to climb the tallest trees. . .
That little girl, as frightened as she was, none-the-less
Crossed frisky stream by gingerly walking on fallen log
She made her own  shoes by cutting off tops of her rubber boots
Then right afterwards went for a run in freshly ploughed field! 

I love that little girl who at age of four got impatient
Learning Gran's prayers . . .
Declaring,  "I will dance for God!" 

She is all grown now with four children of her own
She still seeks mysteries of life. . . .  .
Still dances to the rhythm of her heart

And .  .  . oh yes!

That little girl will always be
Because she's me!


I quickly scribbled this verse in  August 3/85 while standing at the kitchen table.  I  think it  captured the essence of  the innocence and the  joy a child feels.
 Mom's  beautiful face  was all aglow  while sharing  this charming  rubber boots adventure story.  
We lived in the village  I was born in (home birth) for the first few years of my life.  In my minds eye I can see this  young Mother watching  me  from the  kitchen window:   "gallop in freshly ploughed field, your blond hair flying, not a care in the world!"
I loved it when Mom looked happy. . .Loved it, when she graced our humble home with freshly picked flowers from her always-in-bloom garden.

When I was a teen, my Gran told me the story about  (my) "I will dance for God!" declaration,  with  warm twinkle in her eye.

2 comments:

Kosmic Tonglen Duty 2.0

Edited: the queen of edit-expantions does it again Apr.30, by including Aurobindo's words with regard to the 'guidance from above...